We're sorry we can't bring you cookies in person, but here is a recipe that you can make at home.
Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- Zest of two large lemons (about 8 tablespoons)
- 1 large egg
Ingredients for the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Remove zest from lemons; set aside lemons and zest.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Mix flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds in a small bowl; set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
Mix in lemon zest and egg. Add dry ingredients.
Make two-inch balls of dough and place on cookie sheets, about two inches apart .
Bake until just beginning to brown on edges, about 10 minutes; allow to cool.
Juice a lemon.
In a clean bowl, slowly whisk lemon juice into confectioners' sugar until the right consistency for a glaze.
Drizzle glaze on cookies. Let set before serving.
Makes about 24 cookies